Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy New Year!

Walking On Infinite Light
Text & Photos By Matt Gray

On my last run of the year yesterday, I reflected on a number of our adventures from the past 18 months.  I realized that I've contemplated several times on this blog why running has suddenly become a major component of my life, and how the different aspects of running emerge at different times while on the trail and in the world.  From Running Recovery to Running the Wind Horse, I have found a sense of peace and purpose on the long, slow distances, and I have enjoyed the outdoors more thoroughly, more often. Most importantly, and this became abundantly clear in the final stride of 2013 as geese wandered in the setting sun on a frozen lake, I have seen the subtle and the grand Beauty hundreds of times this year, which I too often missed before ... 

2013 was an incredible first year for the Lymphedema Awareness Team.  Through our running and sponsorship efforts, we raised nearly $2,000, and covered more than 3500 combined miles on trails in stunning scenic places. These distances included the Joshua Tree Traverse, the Beyond Limits Ultra, the Oriflamme 30, the Dirty 30, the Rim-to-Rim-to-Rim of the Grand Canyon, and countless training runs across the mountains, deserts, and plains of California and Colorado.

We can't thank you enough for all that you did to support our inaugural year through donations, kind words, and spreading information about our project on Facebook and to your networks. We hope to see you again in 2014!


No comments:

Post a Comment