Monday, July 14, 2014

BACK ON THE TRAIL

Vince Brown wrote, “None of us can be sure… until we search diligently to find out for ourselves.”  Two weeks ago, Matt and I completed an amazing 48 mile run in Yosemite, we will share pictures and a trip report soon.  It was so enjoyable that it opened my eyes to the idea of running a 100-mile race.  I have thought really hard about whether or not I am ready to run 100 miles.  The only way I am going to know is for me to do it.  On Friday, I registered for the Kodiak 100.  The course traverses the mountains above Big Bear Lake.  The timing is perfect, the terrain is similar to my local trails and it is less than three hours from Idyllwild.  I am excited, motivated, and slightly overwhelmed.  But, I am looking forward to a lot of training, and I feel confident that I will finish.  Over the next ten weeks we are going to increase our efforts to raise money and awareness for Lymphedema.  Once again we are going to ask you, our friends and family to help support us in this mission.  All the money you donate will go to the Lymphatic Education and Research Network.


Tahquitz Peak for J's 2nd Birthday

South Ridge Rock Window on Father's Day
 - Daniel

No comments:

Post a Comment