Saturday, August 23, 2014

4 WEEKS UNTIL KODIAK 100

Oh I get by with a little help from my friends.
I get high with a little help from my friends.
I'm going to try with a little help from my friends.
Billy Shears

In the last two weeks I have logged over 150 miles and at least 48 hours on the local trails.  I have had the opportunity to share some of my most challenging runs with good friends.  Jana joined me for a three hour traverse of Thomas Mountain: we didn't start running until 8pm and completed the entire road in the dark!  A week later, Todd rallied for a nine hour tour of the San Jacinto high country.  And, my brother Matt was here for a much needed recovery run on Monday morning.  Sharing the trail with friends has made me realize how important they are.  For this reason, the Lymphedema Awareness Team is changing its focus for the next 4 weeks.  We are not putting a Fundly button on our page, we are not asking anyone to donate money.  We need more friends.  Please, help us make some new friends.

south ridge

fire lookout

fire lookout

limber pines

tahquitz peak

No comments:

Post a Comment