Monday, August 11, 2014

6 WEEKS UNTIL KODIAK 100

I only have four weeks left before I start to rest and taper for the Kodiak 100.  The race directors have finalized the course, aid stations and crew access points.  Since this is my first 100, I am not planning on racing.  I simply want to run.  I want to run 100 miles in less than 36 hours and make it through all the checkpoints before the cut-off times.  This approach is allowing me to focus my energy and attention on the process instead of the outcome.  Ideally, this frame of mind and process oriented thinking will be beneficial during the race in addition to the next month and a half of training.  For me, the process is my running form, my breath, my cadence, my hydration and my fueling.  In addition, I want to enjoy running in the mountains on what looks like a spectacular course.  Here are some highlights of the Kodiak 100:





No comments:

Post a Comment